Covid-19 - School Information
Please see below the arrangements for pupils in school from September 2020.
Covid-19 'catch up'
In June 2020, a £1 billion fund for education was announced by the government. Further guidance has now been released. Schools will receive the Covid-19 catch up premium during the 2020-21 academic year.
“Children and young people across the country have experienced unprecedented disruption to their education as a result of coronavirus (Covid-19). Those from the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds will be among those hardest hit. The aggregate impact of lost time in education will be substantial, and the scale of our response must match the scale of the challenge” (DFE 31 Oct 2020).
The catch-up premium is funded on a per pupil basis at £80 per pupil. This will be based on the previous year’s census. Barnabas Oley will be in receipt of £11,200.
Teachers undertook baseline assessments in September 2020 and, in conjunction with senior school leaders, have identified those children who did not make expected progress across reading, writing or maths during the initial lockdown. The Covid-19 catch up premium is being used to provide these children with additional teaching (delivered by existing part-time teachers and experienced teaching assistants) in small groups and on a 1-1 basis.
Specifically, these include:
- Additional writing, SPAG, reading and maths interventions for targeted groups within the Year 6 cohort.
- Interventions focusing on the planning and structure of writing in year 5 and additional 1:1 reading and maths sessions.
- Additional 1:1 reading/comprehension intervention groups in Year 3 and 4, as well as maths and writing interventions.
- Additional half day teaching in Maple to run Phonics, reading, writing and maths interventions.
- Additional half day teaching time in Holly Class bubble to support maths, reading, writing and Phonics.
Progress for all children will be measured again in late autumn 2020 and spring 2021 terms through a combination of external tests and teacher assessments.
Home Learning - January 2021
Class bubble information
See also Classes.